VALGROUP INITIATIVES TO CONTRIBUTE WITH SOCIETY DURING THE PANDEMIC
For more than 40 years, ValGroup has worked with the entire production chain including customers, suppliers and the communities we serve to face and overcome small and large challenges. Now, more than ever, the Valgroup team is working tirelessly to win this battle more.
Taking care of people and ensuring that the country’s supply goes on without impacts are our primary commitments. We are a fundamental link in the supply chain, protecting food, hygienic and cleaning products in the packaging produced by all ValGroup companies, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, spread throughout Brazil and the world.
Plastic is extremely effective in combating Covid-19. It is transformed into masks, respirators, alcohol gel packs, and other essential equipment for the protection of healthcare professionals, treating patients and reducing the speed of propagation of Covid-19.
“Education, science and technology are instrumental in slowing the spread of Covid-19. To this end, we at Valgroup are investing in new medical equipment to support the healthcare system and using our in-depth knowledge of polymer materials to devise ground-breaking solutions such as full-face shields and preforms for hand sanitisers as well as providing assistance to drivers and waste pickers. Throughout our history, our clients, suppliers, partners, colleagues and communities have relied on us to overcome challenges and endure the most difficult times. Mutual support and generosity will allow us to get through this and at the same time build a better world for this and future generations. That lies at the heart of our core values. We are all in this together.” says César Sanches, Valgroup’s Director of Strategic Marketing and Sustainability.
We believe that to overcome this crisis it is necessary to reinvent itself and open horizons beyond the business to make a difference. That’s what ValGroup is doing. Following all the guidelines of the health professionals, Ministry of Health and World Health Organization, cultivating empathy and solidarity, which are very important in this period of social distance.
To overcome this challenge, ValGroup has supported the following initiatives:
- With Lorenpet, a Valgroup company specializing in the development, manufacture and marketing of PET and PE packaging, we donate more than 500,000 PET preforms to receive gel alcohol and bleach.
- Over 850,000 labels for mineral water were donated. Tecnoval, the monolayer and laminated flexible packaging company segment participated in this action.
- Solidarity is part of the ValGroup DNA and has become the main and motivating key during the pandemic. Mobilized to help institutions that need more individual personal equipment, donations of alcohol gel, aprons, gloves, disposable masks, surgical masks, mineral water, caps, among other essential items in the fight against coronavirus happened directed to five hospitals the states of São Paulo and Minas Gerais. The unity of all is essential to overcome difficulties.
- The Northeast is one of the regions in Brazil where ValGroup operates. In this critical period of the pandemic, we participate in the effort to save lives. Together with other companies, we participated, with the Lorenpet Nordeste unit, in the purchase of respirators. We also collaborated to the restoration of Intensive Care Unit beds and infirmary, and also jointed effort to recover some damaged respirators.
- In this difficult moment, Valgroup, through CPR, Lorenpet Nordeste and Valfilm, promoted a solidarity action and donated, in total, more than 2,000 essential food baskets to PET bottle collectors and families that need it most.
- Solidarity moves ValGroup and its employees. The employees of some companies in the group got together to collect hygiene and cleaning products to donate to those who need it most.
- We provided a support special center for truck drivers who experienced difficulties on the country’s highways. In these places we offer water, coffee, juice, as well as lunch and dinner.
- Equipment dedicated to developing face shield masks was donated to the USP (State University of São Paulo) at Lorena. The production will serve the region’s health system.
- People with cancer become even more fragile during a pandemic. For this reason, we supported the GACC (Assistance Group for Children with Cancer) with gel alcohol, masks and mineral water.
- ValGroup, through Valfilm, provided more than 3,000 polyethylene bags for extubation boxes, which, with an innovative PVC structure, will serve several hospitals throughout Brazil.
- Aware of the difficulties faced by Santa Casa de Misericórdia Hospital, at Lorena, ValGroup purchased a tomography equipment for the Covid-19 diagnosis.
Valgroup offers an unrivalled set of sustainable packaging solutions, which includes PET preforms with recycled content, recycled resins (rPET, rPE, rPP), stretch & shrink bundling films, barrier films, BOPP/Laminated films, labels, specialty films (adhesive, building and construction, inclusion wrap, release film, sealant web and trench coat), lids, caps, closure systems, HDPE containers (bottles, pots, gallons, etc), coreless and pre-stretched technologies, additives, and so on.
With over 40 years of history and present in 5 countries and 3 continents, the group has more than 5,000 employees, 8 companies and 27 manufacturing plants, and stands out as a leader in practically all the segments in which it operates.
As a producer of plastic packaging and aware of its responsibility to the environment and the society, ValGroup has its own Sustainability Program, which currently recycles 135 thousand tons of plastics per year.